125 g Butter, chopped, at room temperature
2/3 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Self-Raising Flour
1/4 Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup Milk
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 cup of caster sugar
4 egg whites, room temperature
1/3 cup of water
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Turkish Delight chocolate bar, chopped
20g Chocolate, Melted (to drizzle)
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper patty cases.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder together. Lightly fold into creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Fold in slivered almonds. Spoon mixture into cases until 2/3 full.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked when tested. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the 1/3 cup of water, sugar, cream of tartar to a boil. Do not stir the sugar mixture as this will cause it to crystallise. Boil until you have thick, clear bubbles (about 5 minutes). When the bubbles appear, remove from heat immediately.
2. In a metal bowl, add the egg whites and beat them with an electric mixer until thick soft peaks form.
3. Set a timer for 7 minutes and beat the egg mixture on high speed, while slowly streaming the sugar syrup in a little at a time.
4. Your icing is ready when all sugar syrup has been mixed in and texture is thick and creamy.
Place icing in a piping bag and pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
Top iced cupcakes with slivered almonds, mini marshmallows and chopped turkish delight. Melt chocolate in microwave for 20 second intervals, then use spoon to drizzle chocolate over the cupcake toppings & icing.
Enjoy! xo Amy