Created with a delicious coconut vanilla cake, filled with a white chocolate & coconut ganache, a whole Raffaello chocolate and topped with White Chocolate icing and shredded coconut, they are an absolute indulgent delight!
Warning: Suitable for serious coconut lovers only!!
Vanilla Coconut Cupcakes
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F. Line 6 muffin pouches with cupcake moulds.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the caster sugar and softened butter or margarine.
- Once you have creamed together the butter and sugar, add the vanilla extract and one egg. Beat together until combined then add the second egg and mix until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, sift 1/3 of the flour over the wet ingredients and add 1/3 of the milk. Gently fold in the flour & milk. Once combined continue with the rest of the milk and flour only adding 1/3 at a time. Mix until just combined, then add coconut, but do not over mix the batter.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into each cupcake mould to around 3/4 full. Place into preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cupcake.
- Allow to cool in muffin tray for 5-10 minutes before converting to a wire rack, then leave to completely cool.
White Chocolate Coconut Ganache
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler and cool to 33 deg C.
- Add coconut milk and mix well.
- Put mixture aside and let it set. Do not refrigerate.
- When mixture has set and is firm, place the bowl on top a double boiler or in the microwave until warmed throughout.
- Beat mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Add the shredded coconut and mix well. The consistency should be like spreadable icing.
White Chocolate Icing
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler, and allow to cool for 10 mins.
- Beat butter until light and creamy, then and add sugar & vanilla.
- When ingredients are well combined, add melted chocolate in a steady stream
- Icing is ready when it's light and creamy.
- Spoon into a piping bag, ready to pipe onto your cupcakes
Assembling your cupcakes...
- With a sharp knife, hollow out the cupcakes at the top.
- Fill each hole with the white chocolate & coconut ganache.
- Place a whole Ferrero Raffaello onto the top of each hole
- Pipe white chocolate icing over the top of the cupcake and continuing to cover up the whole Raffaello chocolate.
- For the final touch, add some shredded coconut flakes, and they're all done!
Enjoy! xo Amy